Monday, November 25, 2013

Collars and Lace

Hello lovelies,

Sorry it's been a couple of days since I lasted posted anything for you guys, I'm still trying to recover from The Day of the Doctor (50th Anniversary Episode). I really think Whovians deserve a week off after that brilliant, but so incredibly heartbreaking episode. *MOFFAT!* Unfortunately Baylor didn't catch that memo, so here I am sitting in one of the campus libraries, venting my frustration and admiration to you guys until I have to go to my next class.

On a lighter note, I have a personal outfit post for y'all today. I was feeling particularly creative, and considering I was looking for an outfit I hadn't worn yet, that proved to be a rather helpful mood to be in.

I had this dress with a darling lace peter-pan collar that I absolutely adored, but I personally found the length of the dress to be a little too short, thus I never wore it. I was determined to wear it though, and I did! And to top it off, it was styled in a completely different way than I had ever worn it before. I owe it all to those little magical things of stretchy wonder called tights! I found that if I tucked the too-short dress into the tights, I could put a skirt over it to make it look like a top and I wouldn't have to worry about the dress poking out while I made my trek from one class to another. I threw on my over-worn black cardigan as it was quite chilly outside, some Alice in Wonderland themed necklaces (because why not?) and I was ready to head out the door!



I love the simple detailing on this skirt.


I carried the pink aspects of this outfit into my make-up with a light pink blush on the cheeks, and yes, on my eyelids too! Blush works phenomenally as an eyeshadow and it has a hue that no pink eyeshadow can really recreate. You can read more about it here. 
No particular reason for this picture. I am just rather fond of it. 
Top (Dress): Forever 21// Skirt: Thrifted// Cardigan: Thrifted// Tights: Icings// Shoes: Urban Outfitters// Chair Necklace: Walmart// Alice in Wonderland "Drink Me" Necklace: Etsy (Similar).


A big thanks to Grace over at My Spare Oom for taking these lovely photos.

Thanks so much for reading! Until next time,

xxCaitlin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment