Saturday, October 19, 2013

Vanilla Bean Bake Shoppe

Good Morning!

A couple posts ago I told you guys about a little food truck filled with delicious sweets and vegan goodies that I stumbled across while at the Waco Farmer's Market. Well I finally located its normal location, so this is me reporting back to you just as I had promised! Vanilla Bean Bake Shoppe is located at 520 Franklin Ave. Waco TX, 76701 (on the corner of 6th and Franklin, you cannot miss it). They are there every Monday- Friday from 11-6, and at the Farmer's Market on Saturdays from 9-1. 


As you can see on the truck, their number is (254) 722- 1246 If you ever have questions for them, or are curious about their specialized options, then do not hesitate to give them a call.
Check out that pricing too! The treats are well priced, and you definitely get your money's worth.
I happened to catch them on Vegan Treat Day, where they were trying out some new vegan sweets recipes to potentially bring to their regular menu. They had vegan brownies, vegan vanilla cupcakes, vegan samoa bars, and of course, the vegan chocolate chip cookies I raved about in the last post. All of them looked so incredible, so I had to stand there like an idiot for a minute or two until I finally decided on the samoa bar (which was only after being prompted by the very friendly lady at the sales window). 

And holy nonsense, that thing was fantastic. I am not normally a fan of coconut (the texture just weirds me out), so I surprised myself when I chose this particular item from the lovely selection they had to offer. I am so happy I chose this treat though because seriously, it was so good. The blend of oatmeal, coconut, and chocolate was perfect, and the chewy texture was just the icing on the top. In other words, imagine how wonderful the legendary Girl Scout Samoas taste, multiply it by 100 and you might begin to understand how tasty it was. 

So beautiful... and so, so yummy. My tummy was praising me after eating this little slice of heaven.
 I believe that these items were indeed a hit, and they will now be rotated on the regular menu. HUZZAH! So if you find yourself in need of a sweet fix (there are other options besides the sweets to choose from as well), then I would definitely recommend you swing by this little hidden gem in the heart of Waco. You will not be disappointed, I promise. 

You can like them on facebook for regular updates and promotions, and make sure to pay them a visit soon!


Thanks for reading! 

xx Caitlin.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment