Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Much Needed Break

Good Evening dearies,

This past weekend Jessica and I were lucky enough to be able to visit home, which was rather exciting for me considering I had not been there in quite some time. Even though we were only able to stay a day, it was still magnificent! I didn't think I would be quite as happy to see everyone as I was. It's funny how you never really realize how much you missed some people until you're finally standing in front of them again. Who would have thought that I could miss Magnolia? 

Friday night 
      Jessica and I attended the Magnolia Bowl, which is basically the most important football game in our town because it is between the two sister high schools Magnolia HS and Magnolia West HS. And may I just say, way to go boys for stomping Magnolia for what the fifth year in a row or something like that? 20- 0 was the final score, poor Magnolia didn't stand a chance. But hey, A for effort right? Anywho, on to the reason we really went to that game; the Wild West Marching Band. I'm starting to not recognize most of the band now, which is really unnerving... makes me feel old. (Sorry Mom, I know how this must make you feel.) Regardless it was wonderful to get to see my guard/band again. I've missed all of them so much. Kudos on your lovely half-time performance. I adored it, especially the secret message spelled out on the backdrops (BACON. Courtesy of Mr. Marquis and Mr. Gould), but seriously all of it was fantastic and I could not be more proud of each and every one of you.
The beautiful Kathleen Maxwell everyone. I'm so proud of you and I miss you more than I lead on. I remember when you auditioned and how silly you looked, and look at you now, one of the most brilliant guard captain's I've ever seen. Love and miss you pretty girl. 
Jessica and I at the game. Sic'Em West!

Saturday 
                    proved to be equally exciting. I slept in until 8:30 (what even is my life? haha) and was greeted with some truly scrumptious vegan pumpkin muffins, made by my marvelous mother.
                                                     
They were seriously the best. I'll do a recipe post within the week for you guys because you have to try these things. 

The rest of the day was filled with good company. I got to see my good buddy Andrew Donlon and he got to poke fun at me as I made a fool of myself while trying to eat a burrito. As much as I love burritos, I tend to have trouble successfully getting them into my face before they make it halfway down my arms. 
This is Andrew. He is rad and he is my muchness twinsie
After getting to wear my burrito, I was off to see my Grasshopper. By Grasshopper I mean my beautiful and very best friend Madison Anderson. Mads goes to Union University in Tennessee, thus seeing her is a rarity, but it really does make our time together so much more special. Check out some of her brilliant writing here.We watched Baylor take on Kansas State, and it was a delight to see that both of my teams won this weekend. Then we got to snuggle up as she read all of her favourite quotes from Ender's Game and When God Was a Rabbit. 

Doesn't that couch look absolutely perfect for reading? It was so cozy.
Such a beautiful smile.
"So the whole war is because we can't talk to eachother?" -Ender's Game
Sadly, all good things must come to an end, and before I knew it I was picking Jessica up and we were on our way back to Waco where reality was patiently waiting for us to return. The time served its purpose though, and provided a much needed break, which I couldn't be more thankful for. It was such a blessing, and I cannot express how happy it made me to be in the presence of some of the very best people again. So to everyone that made my weekend, here's to you. You are a treasure and I am thankful to call you my friend. 

Much love,

xx Caitlin.    




No comments:

Post a Comment