Thursday, December 12, 2013

Going to the Dark Side

 As you might have noticed posts have been few and far in between as of late. I've gotten surprisingly behind in school, and my studies do have to come first. However, I just got out of a stupid final and I'm treating myself to a post. I'm just happy I survived the first one, a few more to go still. Mehhhh.

Anywho, a big change occurred over the almost two weeks that I have been gone... my hair is no longer red. I dyed it over Thanksgiving break and it was supposed to be a nice chocolate brown, but since my hair was so light it was like DEPOSIT ALL THE COLOUR! And well, it turned out almost black. I was furious and I wanted to cry. I even contemplated just shaving it all off because anything was better than the colour I ended up with. I washed it nearly 8 times with Head and Shoulders because it strips colour like none other and tried several other colour fading remedies I had found. It wasn't budging and I thought all was lost, but once I realized that nothing could be done to fix it, the colour slowly began to grow on me. It has thankfully faded a bit since then and I love it now! Funny how things work out.

Enough talk though, I put together a rather glamorous outfit to showcase the change for you guys. My mother recently gave me this gorgeous vintage jacket and I have been dying to wear it, so when I woke up obnoxiously early on my own accord the other day I decided to build an outfit around it. I had also done my make-up pretty dramatic this particular day, so I had to have the outfit compliment that. Here is what I came up with! Hope you enjoy.



Cat-eye and a berry lip.

 

Dress: ModCloth// Jacket: Vintage// Tights: Forever 21// Heels: Thrifted// Lipstick: NYC Mahogany. 

My boss asked me if I was in some sort of theatrical performance. I wasn't sure how to take that at first, but I eventually decided it was a compliment. I felt snazzy and that is all that really matters! (: 

Thanks for reading and best of luck on your finals to those of you who are currently suffering through those as well!

xxCaitlin. 

4 comments: