Friday, September 20, 2013

A Touch of Blue

Good afternoon and happy Friday! 

Things are currently a bit dreary here. This is seriously some of the most persistent rain that I've ever seen, I don't think it has let up since it began raining yesterday evening. But hey, if it is bringing me some sweater weather, I am A-O-K with it.

Thankfully the rain held off just long enough for me to successfully wear one of my new favourite outfits yesterday (because that is obviously the most important thing in the world). Well just barely anyways... I made it home right as the rain started to pick up, thus I was only slightly soaked by the end of the day. My lab got out obnoxiously early yesterday, so I was able to come home and make myself look a little more presentable before my apparel industry class. However it was one of those days where nothing in my closet looked appealing. My closet isn't gigantic by any means, but it is of decent size and I still felt as if I had nothing to wear. That is until this wonderful long-sleeved shirt that is in one of the most flattering shades of blue caught my eye.
I adore the subtle touch of bling with the gold buttons. 
Now I hadn't worn this shirt in a very long time because I really do not like the way it hangs on me. However, I decided to remedy that problem right then and there. Determined, I began throwing on anything I could find, but low and behold nothing was turning out the way I had envisioned. When I came across this black circle skirt I was so relieved. It was exactly what I was looking for; classy, fun, and it helped me control the shirt so I no longer looked like a big, blue marshmallow. 
It is probably my favourite skirt, so I don't know why I didn't think to pair it with it sooner. 
From there, I struggled with which colour shoe to put with it. Shoes truly can either make or break an outfit, and of course I did not want to 'break' this outfit by carelessly throwing on a pair of shoes without a second thought. I opted for my black crocheted flats instead of my red flats. To keep with the theme of black that was now running through my outfit I added my black glasses (two-for-one deal: accessory and they help me see! HUZZAH!) and some gnarly, yet oddly fitting mustache plugs. 

By the time I had completed the outfit I had just a touch of blue and I loved it. It is incredible how something as simple as an outfit can make you feel so awesome. And the most wonderful thing about it all was that it's a relatively simple outfit that I can run to whenever I'm in a rush but need to look nice. 
Sassy and fierce Caitlin. Otherwise known as Beyonce Caitlin. 
I was most definitely talking when this picture was taken. Oops. 
Top: Forever 21// Skirt: Thrifted (Originally Forever 21)// Flats: Urban Outfitters// Glasses: Warby Parker// Plugs: Spencers

Now it is your turn to SHINE! I'd love to know what your favourite colour pop is, so leave a comment or shoot me a message

Thanks for stopping by! Tata for now.

-Caitlin. 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I happened to notice that as well(; I play on my eyes whenever I can.

      Delete