Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Strikes My Fancy Tuesday #2

Hello hello! It is that time of the week again. Welcome to this week's Strikes My Fancy post. I have a lovely assortment of things in store for you guys, so please stick around to see what gems of the interweb have caught my eye!

1. Wye Oak- Civilian



This song quickly became one of my favourites after I discovered it on the Walking Dead. It is from Season 2 Episode 10, and it is played at the end when Rick and Shane are driving off into the sunset. It fit perfectly and it captured the wild look in Shane's eye that tipped us off that some major stuff was about to go down. It captured the struggle between his desires and morality. Needless to say I was hooked and after Dead, White, and Blue Weekend on AMC my love for this song was sparked once more. Enjoy its brilliance my friends.

2. Speaking of the Walking Dead...

3. These needlepoints totally get me.

4.  If only I had the patience. 


5. This touching story about an elephant crying after being freed from 50 years of torture. They are truly brilliant creatures. 

6.  Mycroft dealing with his diet.

7. The power of a photo is astounding. Especially this set that deals with aging and seeing the person we used to be in the mirror. 

8. Me dealing with my diet.

9. This incredible list of vegan comfort foods that I want to try immediately. With all these awesome recipes I NEED to have second breakfast. 

10. Lastly, this cake that fuels my love for peaches and that phrase. 

As always thanks for tuning in for this week's Strikes My Fancy. You are now free to roam the wonderful place known as the Internet and find what strike your fancy as well.

Stay Golden,

xxCaitlin. 



4 comments:

  1. I loved that pin of the peach cake also! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just makes me think of summer and I love it so much. We should make it when you get back to Waco.

      Delete