Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sweet Sincerity

As Caitlin had previously posted, blogging has indeed been neglected, especially by me. Caitlin's writing has been feeding this blog wonderfully, and I feel extremely inadequate due to my 1) lack of attention to it and 2) rather hectic life. But that's what makes writing all that more rewarding, the fact that someone out there takes time out of their life to read about mine, that feels pretty nice.


With every new year, changes, of course, must happen. No matter how much they suck, or how awesome they may be, they are a part of your story. 

For instance, the Band took a phenomenal trip to Arizona over the New Year, and I became closer to my friends, and made new friendships. I will never forget almost running into a Cactus, and those 20 hour bus rides filled with Vulnerability and Disney Movies. The bad part? Losing the Fiesta Bowl. At the time, we were crushed, but honestly, It doesn't bother me. No matter how much of a cliche it is, the journey we all had really was the whole point of the trip, for me anyway.


I'm not going to lie, it's good to be back at Baylor. I love my family and visiting home, but as strange as it sounds, I missed school. I'm pretty pleased with my classes this semester after freaking myself out over art supplies and scheduling, and I am hoping to post more of my artwork up here as it progresses. 




Along with new classes, comes new seasons....of our favorite shows. Let me just say that SHERLOCK. WAS. FANTASTIC. That's all I have to say about that. Spoilers.
 *Moffatt*



Although it was probably a bad idea to start a  new series at the beginning of a new semester, I can't get enough of Downton Abbey. Just watch it.




So here we are. Almost done with January, and I still haven't gotten used to writing a 4 instead of a 3 at the end of the year. New Years resolutions are more manageable this year, so I thought I would share a few.

1) Be Healthier 
Over the past couple years I have attempted to become comfortable and confident in who I am no matter what size I wear, and I believe that I have achieved that. I do want to lose weight, but not to fit into that perfect outfit that plaster magazine covers. I want to be able to run without stopping, to have a stronger core for Drumline , and be able to feel my best when I graduate College. 

2) Travel
I talk all the time about how I "wish I could go there" or "when I get older, I will visit", but I have never actually done anything about it. God has put HUNDREDS  of incredible cultures, countries, landscapes, and experiences on this earth, and I want to learn about as much as I can. 
So, I have decided to commit to myself that I will do whatever it takes to Study in Florence, Italy for the Spring Semester of 2015. I have a year to plan, save, get fit, and pray that my travels will be great. Buone cose arriveranno. Good things will come.

3) Laziness
Simple, to stop being idle. There is absolutely nothing wrong with relaxing after a long day, but I have bad habits that need to die. I put things that don't truly matter in front of the more important things in my life.


There you have it. My January in a nutshell.  Thank you all kindly for popping by!


Toodles! - Jessica












No comments:

Post a Comment