Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Somewhat Relevant Start-Up Post that Will Probably Get Deleted Eventually

So I'm probably about to get obnoxiously personal with this first post, but oh well. This is just a snippet of how I deal with this thing called life. So here goes nothing. 

*oh... it should also be noted that this post is geared more towards girls, but guys, if it applies to you to then, hey... more power to ya.*

-Appearance Issues.


     So I, along with basically every other female in this world, struggle with my appearance. This might not work for everybody, but here are some things that I do to feel better about myself. (Do not judge me)

1. Get ready in your bra and underwear. No seriously, just take in what you look like. The mirror will deceive you, but once you look long enough you begin to notice all the positive things about yourself. You cannot possibly begin to love yourself if you cannot even look at yourself basically naked in the mirror. If you are alone, or just do not care, walk to your kitchen and eat your breakfast like that. Eat something that will make you feel awesome, like peaches. I feel like Superwoman when I eat those things. The longer you can be that exposed the better, I promise you that you will begin to feel more comfortable as time goes on.(Guys if you wanna try this, by all means do)


2. Try your best every time you get ready. I know that there is the occasional "Oh hey! I was supposed to be up 30 minutes ago" day, and that's fine. I am personally a believer in the idea that it is "better to arrive late, than ugly." It really is not that hard to put a little effort into your appearance everyday. Wake up earlier if you have to, trust me it will be worth it.     



       


              Do not be scary Beyonce, be fabulous Beyonce.

3. This is almost an extension of #2, but people react differently based on your appearance, sad, but true. So go ahead, put on the dress, do your hair, grab your favourite shade of lipstick and go to town. I swear there is no better feeling than being complimented by a complete stranger that you pass on your way to class. 


4. High heels. Put those little devils on your feet. Heck, you are going to get blisters and your feet will be killing you by the end of the day, but you will look mighty fine all the while. 


5. It's so cliche, but you have to do it. Look in that mirror and just be like "Dang gurl, you foxayyy." *ahem* or a phrase similar to it. 



- Life changes, get used to it, because I promise you that is the one thing that will never change. Cry about it if you have to, but please pull yourself back together afterwards. "Forget your feet and where they fall, lift your head, carry on." -Hands Like Houses


-Breakups or Separation in General


1.They suck and there is no way of avoiding that, but don't let that ruin you. One too many times I have let the loss of that particular part of my life consume me and make me pathetically depressed, and I hated every second of it. Because really, who likes being depressed? I just like smiling, smiling is my favourite.


2.Change things up a bit. When someone important to you leaves, it is so easy to leave things exactly the way he or she left it, at least it is for me anyways. Push the chairs back in, empty the glasses because you are only not allowing yourself to heal by keeping those memories there. I'm sure your room is messy, go clean it. Get up off your sorry bum and rearrange your place, creating a new living space helps more than you would think.


3. Again, dress up. As the beautiful and brilliant Elizabeth Taylor once said "Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." If you look good, you feel good. Go to your closet and pick out your favourite outfit and make yourself pretty, even if you don't feel pretty on the inside. You're beautiful and now would be the time to play on that. YOU'RE FREE. 


4. I find exercise to be immensely helpful, for it relieves stress and just makes you feel down right gnarly.   


5. For the love of God, do NOT be alone. You have friends for a reason, and I'm certain that all of them are more than ready to be there for you to take your mind off things. No matter how strong you think you are, you're wrong. We all need somebody to just hug our neck and tell us that everything is alright. When they invite you over for dinner or to go see a movie, do not blow off their attempts to help. It hurts you and it hurts them. Do not let your pride or surly attitude ruin something as great as a friendship.


6. Lastly, and probably most importantly, it is okay to cry, to feel pain, and to be upset. As previously stated, change is hard, especially when it deals with having a person leave your life. So please do not be afraid to do so. There is something so liberating about screaming, crying, and boxing your pillow. I often find that was all I needed and then I feel fabulous afterwards. Just do not allow yourself to stay in that state, you're better than that. There are people out there that would kill to see you smile, to hear you laugh, and those people are the ones worth holding on to. 


If all else fails, give yourself a shampoo mohawk


-Caitlin. 

6 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Heheh, I love this and how it is so written by you...I can hear your Caitlin voice saying all this. You are one rocking girl and I love you. <3

    Can't wait to read more!
    Your Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) That is really what I was striving for. I love you too!

      Can't wait to write more.

      Delete
  2. I have never been one for heels!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you really ought to give them a try sometime.

      Delete
  3. I second Grace. I could hear your voice as I read it. Once again you amaze me with your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. It means a lot to hear this.

    ReplyDelete